5.0 Upgrade Erased My Contacts & Previous Downloads
wjwjwj1

I just upgraded my phone (Storm 9530) to 5.0.  All my contacts have disappeared, all my previous downloads have disappeared, and Facebook is not importing contact info.  !@*#$*#!!!!  Is it possible to retrieve this info?  I think my SIM card was wiped during the upgrade.  Big poop.

Also, has Blackberry App World gone bye-bye?  It's gone from my phone, too.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5.0 Upgrade Erased My Contacts & Previous Downloads
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Your contacts and numbers should have been backed up when you loaded the upgrade with Blackberry Desktop Manager.  If you used the Wireless Upgrade feature, then you probably lost your contacts.  This is a big reason why I think the Wireless Upgrade option should be removed from all Blackberry devices.  You will need to reload your applications to your Storm.  Blackberry App World will probably need to be reloaded also.  For more information, you will need to read this help file from Blackberry http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19913

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 5.0 Upgrade Erased My Contacts & Previous Downloads
wjwjwj1

Thanks for the reply.  I did not upgrade wirelessly, I used my boss' PC.  (I have an older Mac that uses the Tiger OS, and sadly, BB's Desktop Manager only works with Intel Macs using Leopard or Snow Leopard.)  I thought Backup Manager was included with my wireless plan, but that assumption now appears to have had no basis in reality. :smileysad:

Lesson learned:  Back up your stuff before upgrading!!! :smileywink:

0 Likes