What happened to the Call Log icon in the new OS upgrade, and how can it be restored?
HMM
I just upgraded my 9530 OS to .148, and the Call Log icon is gone.  Why was it  removed, and is there any way to get it back?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What happened to the Call Log icon in the new OS upgrade, and how can it be restored?
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Call log is now phone.  You will need to set your convenience key to Phone.  If you would like call log to come up, you must set the default view for phone. 

Phone>> Options >> General options >> Set initial view to call log >> Save

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: What happened to the Call Log icon in the new OS upgrade, and how can it be restored?
HMM

Thanks, Michele.

I'd prefer to keep my green phone button bringing up the kep pad initially.  If I were to set the phone icon as you direct, would that change what the green phone button triggers? 

If so, can you tell me how to set a convenience key to bring up the folder Phone Call Logs?I know how to set a CK by going to Options|Screen/Keyboard, but I don't know how to pull up a folder view.

Why was the Call Log icon eliminated?  It was one of the icons I used the most.

Thanks

Message Edited by HMM on 06-01-2009 04:57 PM
0 Likes
dgosche
I am having the same problem. I know about being able to set the call log as the primary screen when I open the phone, but I'm not interested in that. I need a dedicated button to access the call the log and another to access the dial pad. In the past the green phone hardware served to get me to the dial pad and the call log button has served to get me to the call log. I have contacted blackberry for a possible fix and am currently looking for a third party app to fill the role. Unless I find something soon I'm going to have to go back to a previous version of the OS. I'll let you know if I hear anything from either of those sources.
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Don't go back to the previous version, you are going backwards. The OS upgrade is suppose to solve some issues with the Storm. You have to get used to the new features. But it's up to you to go back to the previous OS. Some or all data may be lost.
0 Likes
kenkarlan
question related to call log. when i "delete prior" my emails all of my call log gets deleted? never used to happen. 
0 Likes
AzCellUser
I am far from an expert although this is what I have found since my .148 upgrade; on my home screen, I have an icon for messages (not email or SMS, it just says messages).  This icon recorded my missed calls and I would go to that icon and be able to view my missed calls.  I found that going to the new phone icon I have; I can go to options, go to call logging and then check all calls.  Now this message icon acts as my call log recording inbound/outbound and missed calls.  I push the message icon and have access to all calls.  Hope this helps out.  
0 Likes
planner8000
NO, Michelle, this does not help.  Removing a feature is not an enhancement.  Users don't need a phone icon on the screen and a duplicative green phone button within an inch of each other.  If Verizon didn't cripple the phone software in the first place, the major upgrades would be focused on actual improvements.  Bring back the option to have a dedicated call log icon - that would help!
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
I'll cut to the chase. What is the big deal of the Call Log icon disappearing and the Phone icon in it's place? The call logs, contacts and keypad are in the same place. Is it not more convinient to have the 3 featres in 1 place. Maybe it seems wasted space to have 2 places to access the Contacts, Keypad, but I don't know. Users preference or whatever. With enough feedback, the Storm will get better.
0 Likes
planner8000
It's called EFFICIENCY.  I moved the Call Log icon to my home page folder.  It was in the first two rows, so it was always present.  Up to this point, I (and as it turns out, many others) was able to access that log with one press of an icon to quickly make return calls or to call someone that was recently (not  just the last, but up to the last 30) called.  What's the difference between one press/click or two or three?  It's efficiency.  It's making it easier for the customr.  Your previous post, that "you have to get used to the new features" is the same attitutde (arrogance?) toward the customer that one would expect from GM or Sprint, and now the former is fighting to survivie and the latter to regain the same customer base as Verizon.  You don't mind clicking through three layers to get to the same info, that's your choice.  My losing the ability to do it easily in one, was not mine.  Now do you get it?!   Removing a feature is not an enhancement.  Not listening to a LOT of customers (check the other blogs), devastating.
0 Likes