What OS are you running on your Curve (8330)??
SCSteve

Hello All,

I am trying to find the newest OS I can install on my curve.  I have found a couple of newer ones, but they are not cooperating with me. I did change mine from 4.3 to 4.5.0.77 at the end of last year. 

Hopefully the new upgrade will help with the calls.  Sometimes, I people can't understand what I am saying on the phone.  If I resay it, then it may be clear.  They ask what did I do, and I say nothing different. 

0 Likes
Re: What OS are you running on your Curve (8330)??
kolotopiN-X

The latest software update for the Curve is v4.5 according to the blackberry website. I would not recommend using another website to update your phone because there are updates out there that have not been tested or approved by RIM and could cause your phone to run poorly.

0 Likes
TabooBlue
Enthusiast - Level 2

The latest approved OS for your VZW/RIM Curve is 4.5.0.77.

I am running this OS and I've not noticed any issues. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
I use 4.5.0.131 from sprint. If you think it is OS related try reloading the OS. The same OS can behave totally different each time its loaded
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Yeah the .077 is the only one from VZW but I had so many annoying issues with the speaker blast to memory leakage. I never tried sprint and bells .131 or .138 I went straight to the Telus .160. It is noticeably snappier and has better memory usage. The browser is considerably faster but i now have backlight lag which is very minor compared with .077 and you answer the phone and the speakerphone kicks on for a sec blaring in your ear. My wife has .077 and does not have any problems so i agree with the above poster each time you load one or different phones give fixes or problems.
0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
I was wondering if 160 had the backlight problem that is the only complaint with .132 but I have just got in the habit of using the spacebar rather than the trackball to activate the backlighting as a workaround.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Some have it some dont. I have it randomly but the benefit of the browser and OS being faster is worth it. Since we will never see the 5.0 OS on our devices and its doubtful VZ will approve any more OS's for our phone at all with the Tour, Storm 2 and the 8530 taking the place of the current roster. I would say .160 will be it for the curve.

0 Likes