BlackBerry Curve 8330 random reset
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I hope someone can help me.  My BlackBerry Curve 8330 randomly resets (similar to a battery pull)  I turned it on at 6 am and it has already reset itself four times this morning (that I know about) in a 2-1/2 hour time period.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 random reset
Noles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here are a few options that may fix your problem.  I have listed them in order from easiest to hardest.

Option #1:

Pull the battery and let it sit for a few minutes. Replace it and see what happens.

Option #2:

Remove any recently installed applications or themes.  Pull the battery and wait 10 seconds. Replace it and see what happens.

Option #3:

Remove the battery and leave it out. Then connect your device to your computer and double click on the Application Loader icon. Then just go through the software loading process like you normally would. About halfway through the updating process, put the battery back in making sure to not disconnect the device from the PC.

Option #4:

Obtain the latest official OS for your device from your provider.

BACK UP THE DATA (FULL BACKUP) ON YOUR DEVICE.

Wipe the device using jl_cmder and install the Operating System fresh.

Restore only the components of your backup that you need (email, sms, address book, etc).  Full restore is not recommended.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the advice.  Here is some more info on my problem.  I have my BB alarm set for 6:00 am and the alarm does not go off because my Curve immediately resets so it is about 6:01 am when my phone is done resetting and turned on.  It resets again about 6:30 am when I am trying to access my email for the first time (this may be coincidental).  I believe it resets two more times before 8:30 am and then it seems to be fine for the rest of the day.  I called Verizon CS and they had me dial *228, option 1 to reinstall the phone software, which I did yesterday, but that did not fix the problem.  I will try the suggestions in order listed.  The only new apps that I installed were MyAlarm, which I have deleted, and DriveSafely.  This may take awhile to resolve since I don't know if each fix works until the next day.  Thanks again for any help.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I wiped the device and waited until the next morning at it started to reset itself again.  I called vzw consumer support and they replaced my phone and I haven't had the problem again. Thanks for the good advice.

View solution in original post

0 Likes