My BB Curve 8330 doesn't recognize my power adapter or usb cable -weird!
ambersun

Sorry if this issue is already posted (I couldn't find it).  Anyway, I have been having an issue w/ my BB since I received it.  At first, the device recognized both the power adapter (included) and the usb cable (included).  I used my BB for tethering also with my PC at home (1 time).  Everything was fine at first.  A couple of weeks ago, the power adapter stopped working. The usb was still working no problems.  So I took the power adapter back to the store and received an exchange.  Good power adapter works. 

I get home and now the usb doesn't work - it is not being recognized by my computer at home or at work.  Fine so I wait and try it again.  It works but not really.  It's like I have to hold it and then it goes in and out and then after playing with it for about an hour it stayed put.  The computer wasn't recognizing it and then it would so it would blink in and out, like the cable has a shortage or something.  Ok so I went to bed and plugged up my bb to the wall charger....um, nothing.  No icon or battery charging or nothing.  So what is going on???  Now my bb doesn't recognize my usb or power adapter, I tried them both this morning at work as opposed to home last night.  Am I going crazy, it's driving me crazy.  Could it be the cords or......the BB????  I hope it's not the device, hasn't been 30 days yet though. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: My BB Curve 8330 doesn't recognize my power adapter or usb cable -weird!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sounds like a faulty connection port on your device.  I guess anything can happen.  I would take it back and get a replacement.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ambersun

@ StreetDocRN - Uggh, my thoughts exactly ***hmph***.  This is my first BB - oh well, I know what I'm doing for lunch today!  I wonder if I should have gotten the storm instead (for the same price).  I was just scared to get a storm and look at this.  ***big sigh***  Thanks!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I wouldn't sweat it.  The Curve is a great phone and has proven itself as a "work horse" of the Blackberry family.  I think you made a good choice.  It's just a hassle when things don't work and having to return them.  I wish you luck today.

Doc

0 Likes
ambersun

Yep, I went in last night, couldn't get away from work at lunch.  I told the rep. what I posted and she took my phone to plug in a power adapter in the store and she quickly came back and said, yep, the charging port is loose and it won't power up.  So she said that they had to replace my bb....my baby.  I had my phone all configured and figured out for the most part.  Anywho, after sulking (lol), I gave over my phone and it took about 30 min.  She came out with one just like it ( not sure if it's new or cert. or refurb?), but she couldn't transfer my contacts b/c of the charging port. 

She said that she's never seen a bb's charging port like this, this early.  Well, I have another device and I will utilize my desktop software for back up for sure this time.  Thanks so much for the help!

(((Wiping sweat from my forehead now LOL)))

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

ambersun wrote:

Yep, I went in last night, couldn't get away from work at lunch.  I told the rep. what I posted and she took my phone to plug in a power adapter in the store and she quickly came back and said, yep, the charging port is loose and it won't power up.  So she said that they had to replace my bb....my baby.  I had my phone all configured and figured out for the most part.  Anywho, after sulking (lol), I gave over my phone and it took about 30 min.  She came out with one just like it ( not sure if it's new or cert. or refurb?), but she couldn't transfer my contacts b/c of the charging port. 

She said that she's never seen a bb's charging port like this, this early.  Well, I have another device and I will utilize my desktop software for back up for sure this time.  Thanks so much for the help!

(((Wiping sweat from my forehead now LOL)))

Glad you got it resolved.  Also good advice you gave backing up.  I perform weekly backups just to make sure.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes