Re: Dissatisfied Asurion Customer - Get Apple Care
budone
Legend

lucoz3 wrote:

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for over 5 years and currently have an iPhone 4s.  I recently dropped it and shattered the screen.  I called Asurion to inquire about filing a claim, since I have been paying $10 for almost 2 years with the iPhone and $7 monthly previous to that with my other phones.  I then learned that I would need to pay an additional $170 for a refurbished phone. I was and still am very upset with this news.  I have already paid about $200 in this contract alone, which means this phone is actually costing me over $370.  Why is the deductible so high?  I then learned that if I had opted to purchase Apple Care I would have paid $100 at the beginning of my contract for 2 years of service and only have needed to spend $50 for a replacement phone. This is a big difference in price. 

I am very upset that having purchased the phone through Verizon Wireless, I was never given the option to purchase Apple Care.  Verizon Wireless only tells you about Asurion, which is very costly.  I feel that I have wasted a lot of money paying Asurion for a service I will never use. I refused to file a claim. Thankfully, Verizon Wireless agreed to upgrade my phone since I was a week away from my upgrade.  I will be switching to Apple Care with my new phone, which I suggest that all Apple iPhone users do as well.  I am telling all my family and friends to switch to Apple Care.  Verizon Wireless should give the option for both.

All I can offer is read the insurance contract and do your homework

0 Likes