Re: call filter free
AJCAMP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously???? Your spam filter may have worked 10-15 years ago. Since Caller ID Spoofing in now common technology and used by spammers, Verizon's Call Filter is 100% USELESS!

And to add insult to injury, if I pay $3/Month I get the privilege of adding THOUSANDS of spooofed phone numbers, possibly all called by the same spammer! In addition, Caller ID Spoofing uses live active phone numbers, so I could be accidentally blocking valid callers. SHAME ON YOU VERIZON.

Do the engineers at Verizon have any pride whatsoever? If any other industry tried to pass off such lame engineering in their product they would be laughed out of the market.

Here is the REAL ISSUE Folks, and why Verizon absolutely refuses to address this problem. There is a Technology Request put out by the FCC for all communications companies to implement CALL-AUTHENTICATION. The technology authenticates that the Caller ID is actually the source phone number and not a spoofed number. If the Caller ID is spoofed, the call is blocked before ringing your phone. Here is the link to the FCC site.

https://www.fcc.gov/call-authentication

Verizon has this ability, BUT IT WOULD COST VERIZON MONEY TO IMPLEMENT IT. Next time you hear Verizon call you a "Valued Customer", have a nice laugh.