Iphone Visual Voice Mail Problem After Switching from Android
Markn
Enthusiast - Level 1

If, after moving to an Iphone from Android, you are getting gibberish text messages on your Iphone when you receive phone calls that go to voice mail (i.e., messages that start with "VZWVVW" ) do the following:

1. call tech support at *611 and tell them your getting text message gibberish when you get notifications of voice mail

2. then tell them the way to fix it is to do an "internal refresh of the mailbox." This is what has worked for me and I hope works for you.

A possible idea that may work to avoid this:  if you initially switch from an Iphone to an Android,  with the Android device off, disable both Messaging and Facetime on the Iphone (find under Settings).  Then turn off Iphone before moving the SIM to the Android phone, then power up Android phone. 

Then if you move back to Iphone from Android,  hopefully the gibberish text messages will not appear again.  Note power off both devices before moving SIM card from the Android to the Iphone, then restart Iphone after SIM card installed. Good idea to not move SIM cards without powering off the devices prior to moving. 

0 Likes
Re: Iphone Visual Voice Mail Problem After Switching from Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Markn,

Congratulations on your new phone! I'm sorry that you were receiving such strange texts messages about voicemail. From your post, I wasn't sure if everything is okay now. Are you still receiving this text message? Is everything working well for you?

AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
bripley

I just spent an hour on the phone with tech support, even with starting with this explanation :-(. In the end, the tech support person had to reprovision Visual Voicemail on the phone number. This has to be done with the phone off. After turning the phone back on all the voice messages showed up in the iPhone voicemail app.

0 Likes
mrtyc0463
Enthusiast - Level 1

In case anyone else happens upon this problem, I had the same issue and finally resolved it by going to my account and removing the visual voicemail add-on that I had for this number. It seems that the Android required that add-on, but other iphones on my account did not have that add-on, yet their visual voicemail worked. Removing the add-on solve the problem.

Myusername4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! This worked for me. I just had to restart my phone afterwards and it was fixed. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is great news, thanks for letting us know. Can we help with anything else for now?

-Rosie

0 Likes