Re: iPhone X Insurance - Asurion is a Rip-off
mama23dogs
Legend

@califwoods wrote:

I experienced this same problem with Asurion today.  I have a fully-functional iphone XR that I bought new from Verizon less than 6 months ago.  My screen cracked.  I sent it off to Asurion and received an email stating that they are unable to fix my phone and to call them.  I called and was told that my phone didn't pass diagnostic tests and therefore could not be fixed for the $29 payment.  When I pressed for which diagnostic test it failed, the phone service person could not give me specifics.  I was then advised that my only option was to pay a full $199 for a replacement phone.  This felt WRONG and I told them so.  I had already called local cell phone repair shops and was told the charge for replacing the glass on the XR would be $200 so I felt stuck when Asurion pulled this.  Now, after reading this forum, I expect they aren't sending me a new phone at all but rather a refurbished one and my original phone which is PERFECT will be recycled by them to make more money.  This needs to be investigated and STOPPED.

Take it to Apple, they will repair it.  It will still cost you $200, but at least it’s not a refurbished phone.  (Or is it?  🤨). 

0 Likes