Chat percent in data usage
wapainting

what is an iPhone used for that calculates a percentage of chat? What would the user be accessing to use 14% chat??  Also what is audio percentage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Chat percent in data usage
stef7
Master - Level 2

If I understand your question, you'd like a breakdown of the data usage on your phone based on application.

Go into Settings and Select Cellular Data. You can scroll down and see what apps are using cellular data, and you can disable certain apps from using Cellular, i.e. they won't exchange data unless on WiFi.

Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Are you seeing these percentages on My Verizon or the device itself?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to see that you're monitoring your data usage, wapainting. The Data Utilization tool will let you know general categories as to where your data is being used. Your iPhone will show specific app data usage as shown by stef7. You can reset your statistics in Settings>Cellular at the beginning of your new bill cycle if you would like to keep track of data usage by each specific application on your phone.

With regards to Data Utilization, you may hover your cursor over the "?" next to each category to get a better idea of what you may be using that is going towards this usage as outlined in #1 under Understanding the Data Utilization Categories here: http://vz.to/2iITTn0 .

The chat category will encompass any app used to communicate with another user through a chat function. A couple popular apps that are used to chat are Facebook Messenger and Skype. The audio category is data used for apps and websites used to download or stream music, radio shows, or podcasts. Some examples of these apps and websites are Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Apple Music, and iTunes. Does this help shed some light on our usage?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WCDA21

On my Verizon.14% Friday afternoon and 24% Saturday evening.

0 Likes
WCDA21

Does iMessage contribute to chat data?

0 Likes
WCDA21

What chat functions are used on an iPhone? Would iMessage be chatting?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. iMessages uses data and it probably is considered chatting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Also:

WhatsApp

Facebook Messenger

KiK

And any other messaging application.

0 Likes
Freddy42

My usage listed Audio at 48% and Chat at 22%.  I listen to Pandora at times, which I thought would be under Audio, but you listed Pandora under Chat.  So now I’m really confused.  

WO

0 Likes