Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
ACOOK7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jagermeister- that was my exact message too- I have iPhone 7 plus on Verizon unlimited plan. Also on the same plan is my husband’s iPhone 7. Last night I unpaired the watch from me, and tried pairing it to his phone and guess what..it worked. It’s something wrong with my phone line! Yet I had to figure that out totally on my own…

Hoping to go to Verizon today but I’m too busy with work and not sure I will until tomorrow. Would be nice if it just worked out of the box. Grrrrrrrrrr

Amy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience on this matter is very much appreciated, iagermeister. I sent a Private Message to your inbox in case there's additional legwork that needs to be performed.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

@DavidH_VZW, I never received a Private Message from you about the same issue I am having.

Thanks.

0 Likes
iagermeister
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following up -

I called Verizon customer service a third time.... finally success.

When I called back to inform them that updating my plan had not rectified the issue, the customer service rep directed me to the "Telesales" department, where I spoke with what was now a fourth customer service agent.

The Telesales department agent walked me through the following: First she had me (on iPhone) go into Settings >  Cellular > Cellular data options > Enable LTE, then switch to "Voice and Data" (my phone had previously been set on "Data Only").

Perhaps this setting alone is what was not allowing me to set up cellular on the Apple Watch however I do not know for sure because from there the agent proceeded to manually activate the Apple watch. After reading off the IMEI and EID numbers from the watch, and waiting about 10 minutes, the agent was able to successfully activate the watch.

Now (finally) my Apple Watch is Cellular activated and working as advertised (only one test call so far).

Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue-

@ DavidH - thanks for reaching out (I was already on the phone again when you reached out via PM).

View solution in original post

ACOOK7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you mine was also on Data only- I changed it and am going to try setup again! Wish me luck

0 Likes
ACOOK7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine works now after fixing the cellular issue in my phone settings!

Amy Cook

0 Likes
ACOOK7409
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved with no help from Verizon directly to me- but following what jagermeister did, I went to Settings-Cellular-Cellular Data Options on my IPHONE. Then under Enable LTE mine was only marked as Data. I changed it to Data and Voice and it fixed EVERYTHING. In My Verizon, my phone now shows as a regular phone and not a basic phone (which was so weird) AND I was able to restart both my phone and watch, and they paired automatically and the watch works with cellular now. All is good!

pjfla

No luck for me. Voice & Data already checked.

0 Likes
JEMONER

no luck for me, my switch was on voice and data. ive called in every day trying to get it activated and nothing. however the vzw tech care said it should be fixed in 24 hours because my issue is with a switch. they didnt really explain. im hoping it will work by tomorrow.

0 Likes
laurastreit

I received a private message but my watch is still not connecting.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes