I am having trouble with my 4s when not connected to WiFi.
KristinScream

I can not use Maps, Siri, receive text or VM, send pics... can't really do much! I have restarted, reset my (something, I forget what!) I see 1x at times, others nothing, where the WiFi symbol would be. I get the message Data Roaming is turned off. Which is true, it is, as I am not traveling. Does anyone have feedback on how to fix this? I use my "Maps" as navigation while driving, so I need to use cellular data while not connected to WiFi. (which is on)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am having trouble with my 4s when not connected to WiFi.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! These are a lot of issue we don't want you to have KristinScream. How long have you had these data issues for? Did this just start or has service always been this way? What zip code are you located in? Have you tried turning data roaming on to see if this improves your data signal?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

make sure cell data is on and enable lte is also. you need Verizon data for pics and vm. hold power and home until you see the apple

0 Likes
KristinScream

I updated the IOS last week & it's been like this ever since. I went from 5.something to 8.something. I am in 01529 and travel to 01609 frequently. Same issues. I have not turned data roaming on, because it gives me a 'warning' that fees apply.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to use your phone on the go KristinScream. We don't want you to have to rely on wifi all the time. Let's keep at this for you. You won't incur any roaming charges as long as you are in the US. If you live close to the Canada or Mexico border, that would be the only time you would have to be concerned with any data roaming charges. Have you checked to make sure all your apps are updated? Does this happen both indoors and outdoors?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KristinScream

I don't see anything in the aps store for updates. I am not sure how to check 'maps' though. Indoor, outdoor, on the road, if i shut off WiFi in the house, sometimes I get 1x, sometimes not. I can try turning on data roaming & see if that fixes it. So crazy. (So annoying)

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
KristinScream

Verizon Wireless Customer Support , I am still having these connectivity issues. When I tried to connect to Maps on the road I got the pop up "could not activate cellular data network". I had turned on data roaming. Siri's message said not available, connect to the internet. Can I uninstall the last update? I didn't have these troubles prior to that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you working together with us, KristinScream. That is odd that it is still displaying these error messages. Just in case, have you tried removing the SIM card from your phone? Sometimes it can cause random issues if in your phone. To confirm, please power off your phone, and remove the SIM temporarily.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-49046/

Please keep us posted to see if this helps.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes