iPhone 6 Plus screen clicking
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Hello all. My iPhone 6 Plus' screen started clicking whenever I tap on certain parts of it and I'm worried he screen is loosening. I've read of others having this issue as well.   I've never dropped my phone and it's in a case that fits perfectly and isn't too tight that it should cause damage. If I bring it to the local corporate VZW store (not a 3rd party store), will they replace it for free? I know it would be a refurbished phone and that's fine. Thank you all for your assistance, I truly appreciate it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Plus screen clicking
Weth
Legend

I would go to Apple Store if you have one reasonably close.  If it is determined it is not a manufacturing defect but damage it will not be covered.  They will look for any evidence of a drop.

View solution in original post

Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Ok so that works even if I bought through Verizon? I wasn't sure of that, thank you!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes it does, and better than going through Verizon. 

Loquat
Master - Level 1

A small percentage of iPhones just have poor fit and finish.  I swear my iPhone 4 had an imperfection in the glass.  If you turned it at a certain angle you could certainly see like a smudge that wasn't on top of the glass...the phone hadn't been dropped and I wiped that screen like an idiot for days thinking that it was indeed a smudge that just wouldn't give.  Frustration set in and I went to the Apple Store...the folks at the Apple Store agreed because they replaced that bad boy without issue.  So like Weth mentioned, if you know you've done nothing to cause damage...just take it back...they're pretty cool about swapping devices and keeping you happy...

0 Likes