5c malfunctioning big time since recent update (apple and verizon stores have not solved issue)
AndCervenak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I've made the most recent update my 5c has had immense troubles.  I don't receive at least half of my texts (specifically texts sent from other iPhones), and some of my phone calls aren't going through or coming in (both ways), I have trouble connecting to wi-fi and finding available networks, my phone is slow and freezes easily, and the time and date are incorrect.  This is all after going to 2 separate Apple stores and 2 separate Verizon stores and all of them resetting my network connections and restarting the phone.  My zip code is 44102, so if you could check that tower I would so appreciate it.  Apple mentioned that they have zero control over the date and time issue after resetting the phone and trying to see if tweaking settings will help, and they said you guys should be able to fix it by fixing tower issues.  I would so appreciate your assistance in these issues!  Thank you!

Labels (1)
Re: 5c malfunctioning big time since recent update (apple and verizon stores have not solved issue)
tbo27
Master - Level 2

You may need a full backup then restore on itunes for Wi-fi issues but I'm sure apple did this. Did they have you carefully reseat Sim card?

0 Likes
Re: 5c malfunctioning big time since recent update (apple and verizon stores have not solved issue)
AndCervenak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I've already backed up everything onto my computer. However I haven't

been able to back up to iCloud as it hasn't worked. They did restore it.

Wifi ended up working, but it literally took hours after I'd been home to

allow my to join my own wifi network even though the wifi was working

perfectly on my laptop. They didn't have me carefully reseat the sim card.

0 Likes
Tntom63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem for months Verizon no help. Final googled enough. It's in the LTE go to settings - cellular- turn off LTE and everything works fine all bugs gone so it's in the LTE system somewhere.

0 Likes