Re: Will Verizon support Samsung Pay?
AZSALUKI
Legend

droid life claims that verizon gave them a statement that says they are still evaluating it.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/19/is-verizon-supporting-samsung-pay-they-are-still-evaluating-it/

if this is a deal breaker for anyone, then i wouldn't order a phone just yet. however, i also wouldn't necessarily switch carriers yet either. it doesn't even launch for over a month from now, and verizon could still be a part of it. at the risk of sounding like a verizon fanboy, i do actually believe the have much stricter testing and evaluation processes than the other carriers.

cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree I am not advocating to necessarily switch carriers at this time, but that those that are pre-ordering devices and locking themselves into contracts may want to avoid doing so until these discrepancies are resolved.  So far Samsung does not believe Verizon will be participating based on their tweet.  Until we get an official response from Verizon here that is not the case and they are evaluating then that is the most accurate piece of information that can be gleaned.  This is their official community forum.. if they wont respond here then that's not saying much...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd imagine that any official announcement would be made on the VzW News site and not here in the forum, i.e.,

Verizon Wireless News Center

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i got ninja'd by tikibar1 lol

AZSALUKI
Legend

they never respond here with anything official, on any issue or device. i wouldn't base any assumptions on a lack of response here.

cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then what is the value of this community if there is no community interaction with the customers... I wouldn't expect a news posting stating that they are evaluating but that type of official intermediate response would be something that would be appropriate for this forum...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer community of customers not official customer support for rumors and speculation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

once in a while, actual verizon reps visit this forum and try to troubleshoot issues, but as ann mentioned, it's really a peer to peer customer forum. "if" they were to announce something related to it, it would be to a larger media outlet.

Hectorius
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I guess I'll be jumping to another carrier, was looking for an excuse anyway; once again Verizon does not surprise me.

cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support do you have any additional information on Samsung Pay other than what is linked as the correct answer to this question?  Thanks

0 Likes