Re: s5 lollipop update and draining the battery and slowing my phone down?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The 5.0 update had been tested "per standard testing" before release and passed! Now the short answer: what that amounts to is it was workable for a "normal factory clean Android phone install ", period. When the OS is tested it again also is farmed out to real people with certain apps installed to test and in the most part it was clean again. However there were both minor and a few major issues that quickly became clear after install on some phones and the code writers attempted to handle that. Phones are computers and as such have different apps and stray codes on the software and a few phone are a bit more cleaner with fewer stray bad string codes...they have less issues or only minor issues. Also another problem is the OTA (over the air) download and than the install itself. The file must go in to the correct cab or inf folder, if any problems at this point you may have a brick later.  It's all a bit high tech but very normal in this business. Some will make it while others will brick.  Around every 7 out of 10 phones got hit to some degree by 5.0.   Let us hope that 5.1 or later goes in clean and will work. Thank for your post and help!  

angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you GalaxyClass for always trying to post positive helpful solutions! Smiley Happy

adalejr88
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is 5.0 Lollipop. I am furious.... I upgraded to 5.0 and my battery drains 3 times faster now and multiple app crashes (some apps don't even open now they just crash) and my phone is super slow now. I wiped the Cache partition and restored my phone to factory settings and issues still persists! I tried to start a chat with Verizon and all analysts are busy..... Verizon and Samsung dropped the ball on this. If I could cancel with out the early cancellation fee I would do it NOW...!

patdar3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I worked with Verizon and they have my S5 working like new again. I'm

back to 30 hours of battery life (from the 4I had been getting after the

upgrade).

The trick is to run the Software Repair Assistant. When you plug your

phone into your computer, it will load a program and when it runs,

select the SRA and it will back up, wipe and reinstall Lollipop, and

then replace your photos and contacts. You'll still be using Lollipop,

but it will be working the way it was supposed to. I love my S5 again!

Fast, stable and with a battery that outlasts everyne elses by far. Go

for it!

adalejr88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I worked with Verizon and they are replacing my phone as the Verizon Repair

Assistant would not repair my phone. I did get the Verizon Repair Assistant

working.

0 Likes