Cloud sync is causing multiple instances of contacts
WCM2013
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have uploaded my contacts to Verizon Cloud, and this has caused some problems:

1. I have 900 actual contacts. These are synced between my Exchange and Gmail accounts (so each of them has 900 contacts).  My phone also has contact lists from Facebook, LinkedIn, Waze, Viber and a couple other "accounts" but I cannot do anything with these accounts - when I select them from the People app, the only options I get are to Sync or Delete.  The problem is that Cloud has synced over 2600 contacts. Is there a way to configure Cloud to only back up one of my contact accounts?
  2. If #1 is not possible, is there a global way to limit the contacts that my phone displays?  There is supposed to be a Contacts to Display selection within the People app, but that option does not show up in the menu on my phone.  I have tried to apply this filter in specific apps, but it doesn't always work.  For example, in my Phone app, when I tap the magnifying glass at the bottom right, the list I get is contacts in my gmail account (which is what I want), but if I type one letter (to start searching for a contact) the list becomes "All contacts with phone numbers" which shows each phone number multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes