LG G Vista out of memory
KrystalF0724
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Vista with a 32 GB sd card installed and I continuously receive the out of memory error. There are only 4 or 5 apps on the phone and none are memory hogs. But upon looking at the storage breakdown there are 5.49 GB in misc. And of that 5.49, 5.47 are for "system data". It appears that the phone is not utilizing the sd card that is also installed. I have manually moved the apps to the SD card and even that doesn't help... anyone have any other ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G Vista out of memory
Snn5
Legend

Memory could also mean RAM, and it doesnt take much to overload 1GB RAM.  You might try clearing Cache in Storage in Settings.

shannonrenee1577

I'm having that same problem with a 16gb card

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You could move the files like the music and such to the SD from the File Manager.  The phone wont automatically use the SD.  You have to manually tell the camera to store pictures to SD and when you plug into a USB port on a PC you have to make sure you choose the right drive.

AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah, you need to make sure that in your camera settings, it is set to save to the sd card. i find that this is one of the most common memory uses. each picture taken is a significant file size. if you're not saving them to the sd card, then switch it now and move the stored pics somewhere (back them up to your pc or dropbox or wherever you store pics). videos and music as well. the operating system does take up a decent amount of space and there's simply nothing you can do about that. also, if you have a music subscription service like spotify, and you download music, it doesn't actually give you the option to use the sd card because you don't actually own that music. it will only download to that particular device (your phone) and will eat up a lot of memory.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Same with how Google Music caches during playback.

0 Likes