Re: Verizon Nexus 6 straight answer
Jonathanwburt
Enthusiast - Level 3

milidad, Verizon probably wanted to brand the Nexus 6 on the back...Which means that had to wait at first I bet. or they wanted to push the Droid Turbo.

All I know is I will most Likely be Edging up to the Nexus 6 next month!! Pretty excited. I have wanted it for a long time now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

milidad wrote:

And you didnt.have to give a different imei number to activate that sim?

Since this has never been disputed, I'll need some verification.

Like I said.  Google doesn't have Verizon's payload automatically download like Lollipop does things is more than likely the reason it can't activate the sim.  It has NOTHING to do with the EID not being in the system.  This is no different when you put a Sprint sim in a Nexus 6.  It will download the payload which allows the sims to be activated.  So the EID are in the system, and Verizon does support them, but the payload isn't going to happen until Verizon starts selling it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

reb0957 wrote:

tidbits

Yeah you told them that. But in another thread you admitted you activated that sim in another phone before popping it in your nexus 6. So, don't act all high and mighty. If that were the case, why aren't Verizon apps able to be installed on the Nexus 6 like VVM and my account?

And just to clarify, what I mean by support.

Yes there are  Nexus 6 phones working on Verizon and yes a few people have gotten really lucky with the occasional good tech support. But overall Verizon doesn't not have to give any update to any phone not bought through them. Nor have they said they would make an exception for phones bought through the play store or Motorola.

That being said, I will not have a phone that I can't call my cellular provider and say I have an issue can you help? Then they be able to tell me your phone is not supported by us! That is exactly where you stand with your Nexus you were so lucky to have Miraculously Activated.

I even posted the link with the proof it was activated on the customer end and not on the system end.

The more you post your ** here the more I wonder if you aren't a troll for Verizon!

YOU FAILED TO READ.  GO BACK AND READ.  You will see how foolish you are if you went back and read, and you are the one actually trolling and passing misinformation if you keep saying things I have never said about activation...

Doesn't matter YOU DON'T need an update from Verizon...  You will get them straight from GOOGLE...  The EID are in their system that's all the support you need from Verizon.  If there is a problem the issues should be fixed by the manufacturer and NOT the carrier.

Just to help you...  Go back to page 3 my very first post in that page.  I said the phone works, but it can't activate the sim.  I have stood by that, and continue to stand by that.

0 Likes
milidad
Contributor - Level 1

Most likely? I hope you are right or get it sooner than that. All I know

is I'm enjoying the Nexus 6 I'm using from AT&T.

0 Likes
milidad
Contributor - Level 1

Actually Google updated their update policy. Carriers will have more

control over updates to phones on their network.

reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah but he knows everything!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So a Google or Motorola purchased...  Comes straight from Google...  They have LESS control...  EID are in the system and they'll work on Verizon.  Just saying...

0 Likes
milidad
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah Google is lying to us and you are telling the truth? While Verizon is

telling us nothing?

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, GPS and Moto purchased phones will get Android updates on time.

They do not have to get any updates by Verizon for system issues. That is the point you are not getting.

The one thing about your posts, they made me do a lot of research and you sir are WRONG!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They changed their policy and it specifically targets the ones sold by carriers...  Not the ones sold by Google/Motorola.  Again Verizon has the EIDs in their system, and any device sold by Motorola, and Google are support by them.  What I said is the truth, and you can bring it up with Google in their Google groups if you think otherwise.

0 Likes