Re: Why is Verizon waiting on the Nexus 6? Should I jump?
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is really pissing me off about this. Yes you can get the phone to work on their network BUT you will not have your Visual Voicemail and I also think the My Verizon Mobile app doesn't work. Regardless, if you have any issue with the phone on their network you have no support. I left AT&T 2 years ago on the 23rd. AT&T has good service but their system is so overloaded I am always dropping calls. While Verizon has fixed those issues for me. The customer service locally sucks.  At this point in the game I have 2 choices Note 4 or Nexus 6.

My Note 2 is dying. Tired of swapping batteries in the middle of day.

Note 4: Cons: TW sucks and am tired of it. Radios in there phones are also bad. Pros: Spen, better camera,

Nexus 6:Better radios (from what I read all of them. Aren't these devices still phones after all), Pure android, removable bloatware, CONS: New OS still has bugs, screen not as good as Note4, Camera is average, NO SD card or removable battery

Honestly, I have been watching this phone since the beginning. The wording on GPS has changed several times. I have the feeling Verizon will never carry this phone because Google is trying to very specifically limit what and where the carrier can add their bloat. For example the AT&T ring tones are stored in a different partition. It looks Google will only allow it stored in a way that all of these phones gets timely updates. Verizon doesn't really care about updates except to the Droid line. The MOTOX kinda falls under this line because it is a Motorola phone.  That being said the nations largest carrier is probably throwing its weight around. Why don't they throw their weight around to Apple?

Speaking of apple: Verizon has sent me 3 emails to early upgrade to an Iphone6. If they care so much why not offer me an early upgrade to and Android or Windows phone?

Sorry for the rant! I am currently contemplating going back to AT&T because of the crappy local customer support and lack of Nexus 6 on Verizon. I will make my decision on the 23rd. I already know I can walk into Tmobile and get one. 

Dear Verizon,

You are the largest American carrier. You are the last to have this phone. WHY? Why not just give us a freaking date? And why would you not have this phone in time for Christmas?