Re: Anyone with a Droid losing their 3G signal randomly?
VZWFan

Southern California checking in here.  LG Ally (Android 2.1, stock+all VZW updates).  I've noticed that for the past 2 weeks, my 3G indicator will often drop to 1X quite often while in the Burbank, CA area, more often than my home area 60 miles away.  Sometimes the 3G/1X indicator will drop off completely as posted here by others, in addition my signal bar indicator will drop down significantly.

I *think* this may be due to some upgrades that Verizon may be doing to the towers, perhaps as part of the 4G initiative that Verizon announced recently.  It usually happens during business hours and it's not everyday but seems to happen often in the Burbank area.  Usually, my service in Burbank is flawless with any of the various Verizon branded smartphones/dumbphones I've owned in the past 10 years.  Just the past 2 weeks it's been spotty.

I also noticed that my voice privacy was engaged on my phone and have turned it off thanks to this thread.  I will report back if turning this off seems to have improved service.  Thanks for the tip.

Anyone else in the Glendale / Burbank area having this issue?

0 Likes