Re: Who else is having MAJOR issues with their Droid DNA post 4.4 (KitKat) update??
pl124

Ditto, I'll be dumping this phone soon now - maybe that was part of the plan...

Why on earth would verizon release an update that entirely changes the experience?  If i want a phone to look and act like this I would buy it.  I put off the annoying update pop-up for so long but it I was a fool to finally give in.

1. Text messages take forever to load and send - Every Time! 
2.  Ringtones annihilated and replaced with metrosexual blips and chirps - i've missed a dozen calls and texts already

3. Horrible graphics downgrade.  The layout, font, and graphics look like something from the Soviet era.

4.HTC wallpapers annihilated and replaced with CCCP style graphics

5.  I'll be cancelling visual voicemail - even if the number is in my address book with a name associated it only displays the number - whats the point?
6.  Cant scroll through screens in a 'circle' - you go to your far left screen and want to scroll to far right? - start wagging that thumb or navigate from your home button.

7.  All setting changed after 2 years of tweaking it just how I liked it.

And yet functional updates and improvements like texts notification customization for people and groups is nonexistent, battery is less efficient not more, update appears to have taken up even more available memory

If you're a trendy hipster that just likes the newest gadgetry and look - you'll probably defend this complete overhaul.  If you actually use your phone on a constant basis and it has become a part of your everyday routine you are going to be sorely upset when push 'ok' on the 'upgrade'.

0 Likes