Re: What is VZWAVSSERVICE?
vlbcfcl
Enthusiast - Level 1

SheritaH_vzw - It disturbs me Very Much that you say "When do you see this message appear on your screen? Please share more details."  As several people ave pointed out, Verizon reps should KNOW about this error. Verizon users are getting it, reporting it, and annoyed by it a lot. We've posted all over the web.

You guys need to get your act together and fix this.

0 Likes
vlbcfcl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where do I find VZwavsservIce to disable it??

0 Likes
vlbcfcl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where? How?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

http://thedroidguy.com/2014/11/fix-common-samsung-galaxy-s3-problems-errors-glitches-part-49-100210

The VZW AVS Service is obviously Verizon’s app that runs in the background. Only the provider knows what the service does. But the thing is, it’s not actually the service that causes the error message, it’s the newly updated Google apps. It seems there’s a conflict between this service and Gapps. Try to go to Application Manager and find Google+. There’s a button there that says Uninstall Updates, hit it and that should fix the problem. To prevent this error messages from popping up in the future, disable vzwavsservice.

hackNperl

I am leaving Verizon Wireless due to this issue and many more.  I have spent some time going through the bloat ware that Verizon forces on all of the android devices they sell. It is sickening.  I can no longer support android as they don't respect your freedom.  Android needs to have as part of its licensing agreement a statement that says it is not ok for carriers to install and force features into the android os that the end user can not remove.  We all need to start fighting this.  This is unacceptable.  We need to start standdizing these devices to accept whatever mobile os we want to onstall.  Ubuntu phone is on its way to solving these issues.  Verizon has no respect for your privacy.  They have applications on your phones to setup remote listening and remote viewing of your cameras.  It's on all of them.  IOS does this as well.  For those who can't give up the phone and leave Verizon just disable the mysterious vzw app.  Disable anything possible that you don't know what it is.

0 Likes