Problem with directions on Google Maps. App "turns off after an hour"
dpjw55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was using Google Maps for directions today on my Galaxy S5.  After being on the road for about one hour the app was giving be turning directions and suddenly stopped.  I had to start the application again to finish my trip.  I used the app again on my trip home and the same thing happened.  Has any one else had this problem and is there a fix?  This is really not only inconvenient but also hazardous.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with directions on Google Maps. App "turns off after an hour"
SS_14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same problem and posted a separate thread about it before I found yours.  I have no solution yet.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with directions on Google Maps.  App "turns off after an hour"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SS_14,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Google Maps. When the application stops does an error message pop up? Does the phone ever indicate that it has lost a signal? Have you forced closed the app, cleared cache and data and tested again? http://vz.to/1pcweB3

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Problem with directions on Google Maps. App "turns off after an hour"
dpjw55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did use the App just today and it did work for over an hour without any problems. When this did happen I did not receive any error messages. The app just shuts down and the phone goes back to the home page. I did clear the cache just now after I got home. I am not sure how to force close the app. I am not sure when I will be using the app for navigation again, but if I do have any problems in the future I will let you know.

Dan Wolf

0 Likes