Re: Which phone is right for me
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

I love my Droid. However, based on your description of your needs, if I were a sales person, I'd steer you toward something else. I agree with the previous poster that the EnV3 is a great phone. It does require a data package but for that phone you can get the $9.99 25 mg service. There are weather apps you can download to that phone that are very useful. I used Weatherbug on my EnV2 and loved it. It's a great texting phone, too.

If you don't want to be required to buy any data package at all, the Samsung Intensity is a nice little phone with a slide out full keyboard that's great for texting. You can still download apps on to the phone, including weather apps. You just have to pay $1.99 per megabyte for any data use. The weather apps don't use huge amounts of data.

If you don't buy a smartphone of some kind, be sure to download Backup Assistant on to your phone (or have your sales rep do it for you before leaving the store). It will back up your phone numbers. It's a lifesaver if your phone is lost, stolen or destroyed.

What ever you do, I'd suggest that you go to a Verizon Wireless Store (even if you later decide to buy on line) and spend some time playing with a variety of phones. Only you will know if the keyboard feels right or the print on the screen is big enough, etc. VZW has a $35 restocking fee so you want to try to get it right the first time.

Best of luck.

0 Likes