Re: Which phone is right for me
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

TwinCircuits wrote:

Been thinking about getting a Droid because I like the featurs.  However I'm not sure it is really right for me because I'm sitting in front of a computer at least 12 hours a day that is connected to the internet through a broadband connection. (Not that I can just go anywhere I want for at least 8 of those hours.)

I don't Faceable or tweet right now or IM.  However I do like to TXT and occasionally would like to get on the internet with my phone to check weather or other things but would rather spend the money for a flat rate bundle than to pay / MB.

Any suggestions on the phone I should get?

the droid may not be right for you unless you require specific apps that might be useful for your day to day life.

i use to have the enV3.  this phone was perfect for texting and what you described up above.  plus the plans that came for the device were fairly cheap.

with the droid, you do have to pay for a data package ($29.99) on top of your minute plan.  Are you ready to pay for that without coming back on this board to rant about why Verizon has to charge a separate data plan package when they don't do it for the other dumb phones? (i don't mean to sound crass, but when this phone first came out, i swear it was thread after thread complaining about such things)

you should read supitsmike's sticky at the top of the Android forum, it will provide insight for people looking for the switch.  but also, could you list what sort of things you are looking for besides what you described up above?  any particular application you would like to use to make your work life and social life better?

0 Likes