Re: Verizon Location Agent?!
kldupree
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem. I've had this phone (Hydro Elite) since the end of May. It started about 3 days after getting the phone. I've talked to about 50 people with Verizon either on phone or in person at Verizon stores and NOBODY has been able to get rid of it. About 3 weeks ago after being on the phone in the store with a technical support person for 1 1/2 hrs they offered to send me another phone....just like this one! They sent it, I had it activated and within 30 minutes it started again. I talked to another technical support person afterwards who told me she thought it was spam. She had me send a screenshot of the message to a text number. Thought that got rid of it but boy was I wrong. While she and I were on the phone, she told me my phone was trying to send out 500 messages within a 3 minute time period!!! I type fast but not anywhere near that fast!! Again today I called Verizon because it kept showing up. Some smart butt technical support supervisor told me to go to the Playstore and download an update for Verizon Location Agent and that would correct the problem. Well, guess what.....there is no such thing that I can find! I've had it with Verizon. I have 4 phones and two tablets on this service and pay about $250 a month but I'm about to cut them all off and find somebody else to get service through. And I can promise you I will not pay another dime to Verizon no matter how much they bill me!! I've asked for Verizon to send me another phone, a different type altogether but they refuse. Well now I'm refusing. I will not pay another dime until this is straightened out!!!!!

0 Likes