Re: Any other users have terrible battery life since the 4.4.2 update?
powell7777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went into the store and they called in and got my phone reset through the network and also did a factor reset on my phone. Now it's working normal again, however, I don't know about the battery yet. I am charging it right now since it was almost dead.

0 Likes
DHB3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: S4 will not charge or even detect the charger. Help?

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Champ198

No skype on my phone.  I went into settings ->  Application Manager -> at top of the screen swiped over to "all" -> scrolled down to where skype would be in the alphabetical listing -> no Skype.

Phone loses 4% battery life immediately after the power cord is pulled. Loses 15% within 30 minutes.   I have auto rotate issues, text flags that are wrong, text screen, won't respond unless you open and close it, lock screen time wrong, response time issues, and others.   What a freakin' fiasco! 

This update is the mother of all screw ups. 

0 Likes
nap1106

I too have the same problem with draining the battery since the update.  My son has the same problem too.

0 Likes
droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

I now see a massive amount of Google Play Services, Android System, Android OS taking battery power whereas before KitKat, I saw very little. So much for the standby and talk time and etc that the phone originally had.. they really screwed the pooch with this update.

0 Likes
marylou4032

My husband and I had horrid battery life after the update. I called verizon and got rid of the little green guy android, turned off power saving mode and the avg security (which I may put back so I can find the phone not just have it disabled as Verizon can do). My battery on Samsung Galaxy II is back to 12-14 hours

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

droidrazrmaxxhd We know it's very important to have a functioning device especially after a software update. We apologize that you have been experiening issues with battery use and want to help get this resolved. The apps you mentioned are necessary for the phone to function. Do you have any 3rd party apps running in the background that you can close? Are wifi,gps and bluetooth constantly enabled?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

Nothing is installed that is any different than before the KitKat update. Your move, useless Verizon "Support"...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Droidrazrmaxxhd

I'm sorry your having battery issues. I would recommend powering the device in safe mode and seeing how long the battery lasts. Here's a great link that will show you how: http://bit.ly/UoNTah

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

I'm now convinced that either robots or people with mental disorders that can't comprehend or read previous posts are posting advice here as Verizon employees. Thanks for the worthless advice that everyone here has already tried. Still, the only variable that has changed is a software update to KitKat. And with this change, poor battery life followed. This is after all prior futile attempts to restart, reboot, wipe the cache, safe mode, factory reset, everything. Please don't reply with cookie cutter copy and paste useless information that everyone here has already tried and reported does NOT FIX THE ISSUE the software update caused.