Re: WiFi at home
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

snaginc wrote:

... When I am at my daughter's house, and her WiFi is one of the options, I tap on it, and get a connection message and an icon letting me know that I'm using her router.

How do I know that I am connected at home? If I'm not connected to my router, is this going to up my data usage? How do I fix this?

Thanks!

You *should* get the same connection message/symbol  at home as  you do at your daughter's - a wifi connection indicator is the same, regardless of what wifi system you are connecting to.

Your phone should show:

signal icons.jpg

The blue indicates an active connection; white is "available" but not active.  The blue icon on the left is my home wifi, active.  I also have a 4G signal available, but not currently being used.  If the wifi is off or white, and the 4G is blue, then I am using my cellular data, and it will be taken from my 2GB allowance.

You can try rebooting your home router to see if your phone will reconnect after the reboot.  You can also try removing the connection and letting the phone redetect the signal and re-entering the password to reconnect.

View solution in original post