DON'T SWITCH TO SHARE EVERYTHING PLAN - THEY ARE LYING TO YOU
SoonToBeFormerVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a sales rep call me (about my mother-in-law's phone upgrade) but she also tried to switch me to a "less expensive" plan.  Apparently (she said) I hadn't taken advantage of the new "share everything" plan.

I told her that I had done a rough calculation and that I thought it would raise my rate to switch and that I was not interested.  She persisted, assuring me that my new monthly bill would be about $14 a month lower (the lying rep was in Tukwila, WA Verizon store, wish I had time to talk to her manager, but I don't).

I consented, assuming that if Verizon had the audacity to persist in a lie (or if their rep was mistaken) that their (once upon a time good) customer service would resolve the issue after the fact.  When my bill was $80 higher than expected, I called, gave up after a long hold, then  "chatted" with customer service.  All together this was a waste of about 45 minutes of my time.  In the end, not only was their a prepayment affect on my bill, but the monthly charges went UP over $40 per month.

I told her that any consent to change was based upon false information provided by Verizon and that she needed to retroactively change me back to my old plan.  She said that she could not do this.  She would have her manager call me (the next day).  Her manager also refused to make right the wrong. 

As it is, I probably have to find a new carrier (not happy about this).  I'm not inclined to give another penny to Verizon when they won't make right a wrong they've done me after 13 years of loyal patronage.  To think they're willing to chuck $2500 a year in revenue over about $70 is mind boggling.

Labels (1)