No Expandable memory?
CubSpike

Am I reading the description for the DNA correctly?  no Micro SD slot, therefore no expandable memory?  Unlike many it appears...I can't (for various reasons) and don't live "in the cloud", so my music, pictures, docs, etc have to travel with me on my device and my current phone already has a 32Gb, at 3/4 full.  Why would anyone get such an expensive phone without that option?

Puzzled.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Expandable memory?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you are reading it correctly. The 16 GB internal memory is also formatted to only about 11 GB.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ewh! i don't think i would like that Annie!   me and no expandable memory doesn't mix Heck even my new Home Patrol scanner has a SD card Slot and and a Card in it.. b

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

A number of devices has been released with this restriction....  I believe this is another thing you can thank Apple iPhone for.

AZSALUKI
Legend

i could understand if they offered a 32 and 64 gig version (like apple). my theory was always that apple did this to basically force you to buy your expanded memory directly from them. from a business sense, offering no sd makes sense IF you are going to offer larger models and make money off of that. however, 16 gigs (really 11) is just absurd in 2013 for what otherwise would have been a VERY impressive device. ICS never hit the tbolt. they didn't get verizon to offer a version of the One line,and now they really missed an opportunity with the DNA. i want HTC to become a major player in smartphones, but they just continue to disappoint me. they just keep finding ways to restrict their own sales numbers.

Wildman
Legend

I understand and agree 200% but basically Apple did not have a option to increase device storage except buy a new device with larger drive installed...  I think the devices limit come from more users using cloud base storage and cloud storage will lead to more data use, without unlimited data this could be a profitable decision for the service providers.

Beside I think HTC need to refine their batteries also because Sense is such a power hog.

B33
Legend

Ya Huh.!  Smiley Happy b

0 Likes