Bluetooth out going volume on DNA
swhodges

First phone they could not hear me or was so garbled could not understand me.  Now they can  HEAR ME but complain I am TOO LOUD.  Is there a way to adjust the outgoing volume?  I can't find anything on the Bluetooth device and this is on both my Motorola H720 and Plantronics Legend.  On the Legend I can point to mic straight up and they say that's  better but actually get better incoming quality on the H720 and it is more comfortable but cannot adjust the mic position.

So is there a way to adjust the outgoing volume?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth out going volume on DNA
rforce1024

I'm having the same problem, i have the Motorola H730 and my girlfriend is hearing me as garbled or loud, i was wondering too if there is going to be a fix for this.... Anyone else having the same problem?

I had the Droid Charge, but i wanted to upgrade to a new phone. everything sounded much better as i was told.. so i dont know what to do, maybe go with another phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi swhodges,  With todays strict handsfree laws I understand the importance of having a a working Bluetooth connection!  We have recently released a new software update on 2/14 which addresses these concerns with the Bluetooth audio.  If you have not received the update automatically try pulling it by going to Menu>Settings>Software Update>Check New.  The update may not be available for all DNA's at this time as it does roll out in stages over the course of the next 3-4 weeks.  Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to troubleshoot  further if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
swhodges

Thanks, the second replacement worked much better, have the update installed but have not had a chance to try the Bluetooth yet.

0 Likes
rforce1024

Did you get a chance to try out the bluetooth yet? if so are u still having the same problem?

0 Likes
rforce1024

Is anyone having problems with their Droid DNA with bluetooth headset  issues?

I have been using my DNA for some time now and the bluetooths i have used sound muffled on my end. I am currently using a Motorola H720, Which seems to be somewhat better than some i have tried. I did have a Motorola H730 when i had my Droid Charge but after getting the DNA, my girlfriend and sister said it sounded like i was yelling. so i downgraded to the H720 and i still have static in my earpiece and my girlfriend sounds muffled as we talk.

I dont know what else i can do, i have had a replacements of the DNA and it seems like i cant win for loosing. I really like the phone and dont really want to switch to another phone. does anyone have a answer to this?

0 Likes
swhodges

The replacement fixed people not being able to hear and understand me.  It's still not as clear on my end as I would like with either headset.  Just got the update and have had a cold so haven't been on the phone much to test it out with the update.

0 Likes
rforce1024

yup still the same problem with me...

0 Likes
swhodges

Well after the update the Bluetooth is just unusable again.  People tell me I'm breakup and they sound distorted to me on both headsets.  The car audio also seems worse now.

0 Likes
swhodges

Still not useable after the update, people say they cannot understand me that I am breaking up to badly and the audio on my end is distorted.  That is with both bluetooth headsets.  This is a MAJOR feature for my phone as I need the bluetooth in the car when driving, I travel in sales for my job, and in the office so I can talk on the phone while reading reports or quotes or other items on my PC.

Is Verizon going to do something about this because of a broken MAJOR feature of the phone?

0 Likes