Re: LG Ally help
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

Texasrose wrote:

Thank you for your replies!  I'm happy to say that it hasn't done that again and I've decided to keep it (unless it keeps happening).  I have to say that so far I'm very pleased with the Ally.  Basically I'm a "techno idiot" but have been able to figure this thing out pretty well- mostly with alot of playing with it.  But, pardon what may be some really dumb questions, but I keep reading on here about it being recommended that people turn off the apps and your battery will last alot longer.  Exactly how do you know what's running all the time and how do you turn the ones off you're not using?  I've also noticed on the market that alot of the apps say that they won't let your phone sleep- I guess that means the battery won't last very long?

Viewing running Applications and processes and also killing unused apps can be done with applications like  "memory Task Cleaner" which allows you to end the Tasks you want or all of them... 

Check the settings on your installed apps and make sure they are not set to be overly agressive as far as GPS and Back Ground updates.  You don't have to loose the fun stuff, just make sure it's set to a reasonable level.  I had WeatherBug Elite installed and I had the Back Ground updates turned on to check the weather every few minutes and I had the GPS set to check my location and provide weather for that location and I was using the Animated Radar maps and allowing it to check and update in the back ground.   So I finally realized it was killing my battery life so I set the Weather updates to every hour,  Don't Track my Location, Limited my use of the Animated Radar, and turned the GPS off altogether...  You turn any of these back on as you REALLY need them.

Unless you have aspecifice need to have the display on ALL the time, I wouldn't install any of the apps that prevent sleep...  Yes they will drain your battery quicker.

0 Likes