Backing up contacts
boat110

Hello all, I just received my LG Ally last week. I managed to swing by Verizon store to have my contacts transferred over from my BB device. I am now trying to figure out how to back those contacts up. The backup assistant does not work with the Ally that I can see. Thanks for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backing up contacts
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I have used the app called Contacts Backup Pro. It's only 99 cents. Works great!

0 Likes
dana_r

You also use Backup Assistant on your old phone which sends your contacts to your VZW.com account.  Then you can export them to a .csv file and upload them to your google contacts which will automatically sync to your phone. It's a pain to do it even though it takes just a few minutes, but once it's done...it's done.

Once complete, any contacts added or removed on the phone will be backed up in google.

Goof Luck!

0 Likes
Baran3

I just got my Ally and was able to use Backup Assistant to move all my contacts to the phone. It does work on the Ally. It's easy and free.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

TheGreatOne wrote:

I have used the app called Contacts Backup Pro. It's only 99 cents. Works great!

Srsly? You PAID for contact backup? Noob. :smileytongue:

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

nmchileman wrote:
Srsly? You PAID for contact backup? Noob. :smileytongue:

Silly me. :smileysurprised: It was only 99 cents though.

0 Likes
lyndarva

There is a new backup assistant for Ally.  I didn't have a problem at all because I have Gmail.  

I had just updated my Apple address book/contacts a week before I got the Ally.  I tried to clean my Gmail contacts.  I then exported my Apple contacts and imported them into Gmail.  I made a decision about merging options.  Because I had photos on my contacts in the Apple contacts, all those photos imported into Gmail, and onto my Ally.  Now my phone automatically syncs up with my Gmail contacts.

You didn't mention if you have Gmail, but it would really simplify things for you with this phone if you use it, and it is free.

0 Likes