Re: Eris 2.0/2.1 update apparently not happening
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

JWS1956 wrote:

I too spent an extended phone call to VZ customer service the other day.  They nor NTC will confirm any release date, if any, for the 2.1.  The rep kept telling me that they will continue to market the Eris along with the Incredible.  That the Incredible was not a replacement for the Eris.  They also said that the update was coming out..... how many dates did they say.  Hmmmm.. Should they be believed? 

While it is true, most of us signed a 2 year contract, I do believe that Verizon could be held accountable for marketing a faulty product and not doing anything about it.

Forget the promises of navigation and other improvements.  The Eris has issues of problems.  All one has to do it read the forums to find this to be true.  

If they can't or won't fix my Eris, I would expect an upgrade to a phone that does work.  If they put out a faulty product then they need to be held accountable for that issue. 

Yes, the phone for what works on it is a great phone.  But I along with others have issues with the things that do not work on the phone.  If I pay for something along with paying for a month fee, I expect it to work all the time. 

I understand that phone service is related to area, weather, and other issues.  But that  should have nothing to do with the phone system working at 100%.  Should it? 

Your last statement answer your own question. That would be why phone service would not work 100% and I don't know of ANY network that guarntees 100% uptime anyway. What problems are you referring too? What existing issues? Navigation? BT? Need to be more specific. These issues would be related between both the OS and the manufacturer of the phone not verizon. Each phone with that OS has the same issues. It isn't sprints, verizon or at&ts fault. It is a new OS for the phones. I think all phones except smartphones are crippled, but that is my opinion there. Be specific. I can tell if you if it is resolved in 2.1(leaked versionat least)
0 Likes