Minecraft Servers with Verizon Smart Family
TheConcernedParent
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I got a phone for our son, 12 y/o and locked it down using Verizon smart family. Recently we installed Minecraft on his phone and while he can play we are unable to figure out how to let him play on servers without disabling the parental controls. Is there anyway we can keep it locked down while allowing him to play on servers in Minecraft?

0 Likes
Re: Minecraft Servers with Verizon Smart Family
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TheConcernedParent ,

It's great to know that you're looking out for mobile safety when it comes to your son. Minecraft has been a very popular game for a lot of people ever since it came out over 11 years ago, and one of the draws is to play online with others (the only difference between single and multi player is that you have someone else to build with in the game). That means that this also involves text-based chatting with anyone else signed in to the same online server, and that level of access would be blocked as part of the Smart Family's purpose. I would recommend to try accessing these servers using a Wi-Fi connection, as our services are based upon mobile access and Wi-Fi safeguards would need to be set up through your router or ISP, otherwise you would need to remove the Smart Family feature from his line. Alternatively, you could play multiplayer in Minecraft when everyone is connected to the same Wi-Fi connection, if there are others in your home that would like to join him in his game: https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2015/09/18/how-to-play-multiplayer-minecraft-pocket-edition/

View solution in original post