Re: "message not sent"
Pinger

Did tmeier get the answer?  I am having same issue.

0 Likes
JMKahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

"message not sent"

created by Pinger in Android - View the full discussion

Did tmeier get the answer?  I am having same issue.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Android by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2014 Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa. We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel that way Pinger! Let's look into this! What messaging app are you using? What zip are you in?

I look forward to working with you.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JMKahl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told to download handcent SMS, it solved the problem by bypassing it. Not a true solution. Can't believe they (Verizon) can't come up with a real fix, especially considering what we have to pay for  the service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kbrown9836

I have the Moto X and this is the second time I've had this issue.  There seems to be no fix which is annoying. I've only had this phone/service since 1/1 and have had nothing but problems (from a major phone carrier).  Will be seeking out another service.

0 Likes
Carrieok

I, too, am having the same issue with my Moto X and have for months. I love my phone, but this is rather annoying every time I open my text app. It used to say "message not sent" even though the messages were sending fine. Then I read somewhere to delete all texts and reboot phone, which worked for a short time. Then it started again, but now it says "2 messages not sent". Even though it says this, my messages are being sent and received just fine.

0 Likes
julesbug

I also have a Moto X and have the same issue. I have done all of the above and nothing makes this go away!

0 Likes
tsrut

In my case, I was not able to send a text message to my daughter's iphone but I could to my son's iphone.  I have an android pixel.  I tried rebooting the phone and clearing the text app's cache, but that didn't work. I didn't try the factory reset option that some people suggested (come on, who wants to do that!!)

The problem went away when I edited my daughter's phone number in my contact app.  I added a 1 to the beginning of the phone number, saved the contact and then removed the 1  (and a dash that appeared) and resaved the contact.  After that I could then send a text message to my daughter's phone. By the way, the original contact phone number was correct, and I hadn't edited that contact info for a long time.  That suggests to me that there's a bug that the contact database is somehow getting corrupted, perhaps when I add some non-related contact info.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes