Cannot activate Message+ on a secondary device
MikeClick

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 that has Verizon service built into it.  I have had Message+ set up to send and receive text messages from my phone since I bought the tablet early this year.  I had to do a factory reset on the tablet last week and since then I have not been able to get Message+ to activate.  It will not scan the QR code.  All permissions are enabled and I can see that the code clearly in the live video feed.  The screen on my phone and the lens on the tablet have been cleaned.  There are no cracks on the phone screen and no scratches on the lens.  I have also removed the updates to Message+, tried (and failed) to activate it with that version, and updated the app again before my next attempt.  Thinking it might be the phone not displaying correctly I even tried using another phone on my plan.  Message+ would not read the QR code on that phone either.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot activate Message+ on a secondary device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do understand the urgency to get your messages back to your tablet. Are you getting any errors when trying to scan? If you head to a web page online to look for a QR code, are you able to scan other QR codes to open them?  
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
MikeClick

No.  There are no errors.  The tablet continuously scans the QR code and does not react at all.  The QR scanner that is part of the phone is able to read the code as is a third party scanner I installed just now.  Both are able to scan every other code I checked.

0 Likes
MikeClick

I accidentally typed "phone" when referring to the tablet. 

0 Likes
MikeClick

It is working now.  I tried it yet again and did nothing different and the tablet finally scanned the QR code.  Thanks for trying to help.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MikeClick, we want you to have the ability to manage your messages on multiple devices. Let's work together to find out what is going on and how we can help. Are you still having issues with the activation of your Message + on the tablet device? 

-TakendraW_VZW 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MikeClick

I accidentally clicked correct answer.  As I said in my previous post Message+ is working now.  I did nothing different but it eventually scanned the QR code and activated.  I wish I knew what changed for it to start working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to hear that finally went through for you! Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes