Incorrect GPS Location
MewiKat
Enthusiast - Level 1

About a week ago, I noticed the GPS on my phone was showing an incorrect location. At first I thought it was an issue with Pokémon Go, but then I noticed Google Maps was also wrong. So this seemed to mean that maybe my phone was broken, and I was about to buy a new one.

I'm glad I didn't, because it turns out other Verizon customers are having GPS issues. This also seems to be across different makes and models of phones, since I have an LG K20V, but Samsung users are also having issues.

Name the troubleshooting tip, I've tried it, I tried everything to try and fix it myself. Airplane mode on/off, Location off/on, restart the phone, leave the phone off for 10 minutes and turn it back on, installed GPS Essentials and GPS Status and GPS Fix, deleted the cache storage, bought a new battery, the list goes on. But the evidence seems to show this is a Verizon issue, and if Verizon can't fix it, I'll need to move to a different network. 

I wonder how many people bought new phones, thinking that would fix the GPS issues, only to find they still had a broken GPS?