Re: I hate my phone since forced update!!
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

To answer your question: Bug fixes, security patches, and software feature enhancements.

I'm happy Verizon is allowing us to update our phones. When I had a Verizon Windows phone, they rarely allowed patches to be pushed out. It was maddening to see other brands with newer OS versions.

My V20 stopped charging batteries since the Oreo update. Well, the phone is confused about what the battery level is. This is with trying multiple Fast Charge plugs, USB-C cables, and batteries. As well, it might be the charging jack on my phone. To replace it requires me to replace the $150 motherboard if it is shot.

I'm thinking that (for me) now is the prime time to upgrade my V20 to a V30 or a G7. Right now, VZW will give me $100 for this POS and then I can get wireless charging with a newer phone.

Note that the LG V40 was announced and will be released by LG to the public at the end of this month. Perhaps it will be available from VZW in Nov/Dec. It retails at $900 and has five (5) cameras - ridiculous. To the point, when VZW starts offering it, they may stop offering the $100 trade-in on the LG V20. Just guessing here.

Best wishes and good luck.

0 Likes