Changing the device's name.
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Right now, my phone just has a generic device name.  I'd like to customize it, but the instructions in your faq don't work any more because the appropriate button isn't there.  Does anybody have currently working instructions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing the device's name.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I have a Zenfone V, ASUS_A009.  I've been trying to follow the instructions in your faq about changing the name through the web, but they tell me to click on a link that isn't there.  I'd do it directly on the phone, but it doesn't allow you to edit or change the Device Name which is currently the model number.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It isn't my FAQs. It is Verizon's FAQs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I was referring to the faq on this site, not one that you had personally created.  In any event, do you have an answer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSZEF30,

We understand the importance of personalization. No worries, help has arrived. Just to ensure we are on the same page, where are you trying to change the name of the phone? Are you wanting to change it in MyVerizon or on the device itself?

GinaU_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I can't change it directly on the phone, so I went to the Verizon Knowledge Base and found a link to a faq that's supposed to give instructions: it says to go to Manage Your Device and there's a link to a page that lets you change the device's name, but the link isn't there any more.

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Here are the exact instructions:

Go to the Account Overview page in My Verizon.

Click Edit Device Name next to the device you want to name.

Enter names for one or more of your devices.

Click Save Changes.

Alas, they fail because there isn't a link named "Edit Device Name" on that page.

0 Likes
joe-t

I feel your pain, dude. This still hasn't been corrected. Those old instructions still do not work.

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

You guys on prepaid..

Prepaid My Verizon does not support changing phone name. (Nickname) You can change the name for bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Direct, etc. in settings. At least you can in my Android. Its is under "About phone > Phone name". 

0 Likes