PLEASE Verizon stop this "Connected to WiFi" notification!
dhinged
Contributor - Level 1

I've been seeing this for the last 3 phones I've had; it's this stupid notification that pops in the pull-down bar (notification shade) whenever my phone connects to WiFi, meaning when I come home, or whenever it determines it needs to reconnect (such as with WiFi optimization enabled or if it just loses connection for some reason).

This means I'm getting up to DOZENS of notifications per day telling me it reconnected when I already assume it's supposed to do that anyways.

Can we PLEASE get this disabled (or at least the option for it) for Nougat or the next update?!!?! There is NO option in WiFi/Advanced to disable this, I've already tried all of them. Verizon needs to disable this or let us disable it, as the Pixel and some other phones don't have this nor need it.

Also it shows on the lockscreen, obscuring other more important notifications (since it only shows the top 3), and if I have "hide sensitive content" enabled, it only shows as "Android system - content hidden"... how would you like to see a possibly-important notification, unlock the screen, then see it's just "Connected to [your WiFi]"??? AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes