Re: Voice box is full
pnblumberg

I have same problem.  How do we correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pnblumberg, I rely on my voicemail to work properly and hold important messages. Let's ensure your voicemail is working properly as well. Please tell us more about what's going on. When did this start? What is the make and model of your device?  

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
macdonals72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I had an iphone 6s and the mailbox was full after I deleted all messages, I just got an iphone x and I am having the same issue. It has been going on for a couple of weeks. Please assist!

jenks777
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  I found that I had to clear all the deleted voicemails from the phone in order to get this to go away.  It's a nuisance.  Also, I found that even though I cleared the messages off the physical phone, there were still voicemails on the carriers voicemail system that needed to be cleared.  So, I called my own number, used a password I forgot I setup, and manually cleared 20+ messages on that system as well.  Good luck.

wls3
Enthusiast - Level 1

To fix a "voice mailbox is full" problem, dial *86 on your mobile device; enter your pin number; press one to listen to your messages; press 7 to delete a message. You'll need to delete the messages one at a time. This problem occurs because Verizon only can store about 40 voicemails total, regardless of the length of the message. This storage bottleneck is occurring at Verizon, not on your phone, so just because you don't see any messages on your phone doesn't mean they aren't still lurking at Verizon. Yes, keeping on top of this is a pain. 

dsullivan2
Enthusiast - Level 1

This only works if you have not already deleted all your messages.  Mine are all deleted, so when I call *86 it tells me my mailbox is full, but then if I pres *1 to listen, it tells me I have no messages.  Please fix this Verizon!!

dsullivan2
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you "manually clear" messages?  The only options I get are to change my personal settings or to disconnect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our valued customer's service concerns are our concerns too. The troubleshooting steps you've referenced regarding issues with your device's mailbox being full are correct. Being able to access and manage your voice mail messages is very important. We've also noted your reference to "The storage bottleneck is occurring at Verizon, not on your phone." We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured we'll do everything we can to resolve the issue with the "Mailbox is full" notification. However, we want to ensure that on the right path to do so. Just to be sure that we're providing the right steps for troubleshooting assistance we'll need more information. What's the make and model of the mobile device experiencing issues with the "Mailbox is full" notification? How long has this been happening?  - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dsullivan2, having access to leave a new message in your Voicemail is important to ensure that you do not miss anything important. We are here to assist. It was mentioned that you have already tried *86, so we will need to gather more information. How are data-related services working on the phone over the cellular network? What is the make and model of your phone?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
wmfranca
Enthusiast - Level 1

DavidC,

This is a Verizon issue. The problem is vcoicemails are not being deleted on your end when they are deleted on the phone.

Please come back with a solution vs checking phone models, it is not relevant

Bill