Google image search results problem
Redcloak

After the 12/8 update to Chrome, the preview page images on a Google image search appear inverted or burned. There is also a checkerboard pattern overlaid onto them (Similar to how many apps indicate transparency in an image.) This is on the pages that are generated after you click on an image on the results page. Uninstalling the 12/8 update fixes the problem, but this isn't a real solution. Another Ellipsis 10 users reported the same problem here: Google Groups.

I have searched for people reporting similar problems on other platforms, but it's only happening on Verizon Ellipsis 10 tablets. And, as far as I've found, it's only on the Google image search preview pages. No other sites show this error.

(Please let me know if there's a better place to post a bug report like this.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google image search results problem
LDA373

Hi....I am glad I found your post....having same issue.....inverted image color .....compared a yahoo search vs google search....the search results on Google shows the image clear, but when clicking on an idividual image from search results page, the image color is inverted. Conversely, the same search results from Yahoo shows the inverted color scheme for all images, but when then selecting an individual image from Yahoo search results page, the image is perfect!!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In Google Chrome, visit the following page:

chrome://flags

Look for the "Reset all to default" button and select that. Then click the button to restart Chrome. See if that helps.

0 Likes
LDA373

Hi. Thanks, but no change...any other suggestions would be greatly

appreciated!

0 Likes
Bangie2u

So I just had same issue with a new Ellipsis 10 I had gotten.  The only thing I could find was another reference to the December Chrome update & that it should be removed.  I went to the play store, went to my apps & opened Chrome there & selected Uninstall which removed updates & now color is fine on the initial image search as well when clicking the direct image on Google & yahoo search engine.  No idea what if any issues were there before that update, but I figure I will deal with it when it comes. Good Luck!!!

0 Likes