Soft Card Shutting Down March, 31
B33
Legend

An App I never used and was not thrilled of when it was using an alternate Name is Being Shut Down March, 31

Here is the Rest of why it is going to be no Longer after March, 31 2015

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/04/softcard-app-will-shut-down-on-march-31-accounts-closed-with-it...

0 Likes
Re: Soft Card Shutting Down March, 31
Snn5
Legend

I was excited when that was announced a little while back.  Quite ironic huh?  It was blocked and now it owns!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sometimes this stuff just amazes me.. my new heli app its getting funner by the Day.!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm glad Google Pay will be the method and Google Wallet can remain a medium by which to fund and pay.

B33
Legend

I like to use it or at least part of it..

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How do you use "part of it?"

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well I met to say sorry Snn5  I use it when paying for Apps or like making a In-App purchase it mentions payed through Google wallet so I guess it's using a part of that system.. But it still may be a separate entity of Google.. There are some many variants it's something to keep up with all..

Snn5
Legend

Yeah I have used NFC wallet a few times and keep some funds on the card for emergencies.  I like the idea Samsung has with the phone-swipe method at card-swipers instead of a card which is useful when there is no touchpad.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Personally, I was quite happy with Softcard. The incentives they gave you to use the app were just fantastic. I made several hundred dollars using the app in the past year. With my current phone being an iPhone, I haven't used it in awhile, and I can attest that unless Google Pay becomes as easy to use as Apple Pay, I don't see a lot of people using it as widespread as Apple Pay. That and it is just so hit and miss with the merchants which will accept either one.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Obviously you are in the know about how these things work.  I believe it will become more stream-lined in the months to come.  Apple is a huge name and Apple Pay will boost Google Pay on name alone as well as customer demand and use.  With the new Samsung phones beginning to show signs of even more mobile pay functionality, I believe the movement will progress going forward.

I tried SoftCard a few times but was never able to really get the app and the AMEX card to get on the same page together.  That was just my experience, and I had tried the service just weeks after deployment of the feature.  I did like the sign on incentive, which for me I think was $50 at the time, and GW was only $30 when it began.  The extra dollar here and there with the AMEX Serve on SC would've been nice, but like I said, I could never get ISIS, VZW, and AMEX on the same page together.  My app wouldn't sync with the account, the SIM card wouldn't recognize the app, VZW would send me to AMEX and vice versa.

0 Likes