I have a droid for a while now but since new games are been released that required additional info stored to the sd card my music app plays those sounds and in my case its over 200 sound clips which i dont want to be played in the music player and also i dont want to create play list since i switch music all the time so does anyone now how to play only music and not any other sound in the music app?
Solved! Go to Correct Answer
The stock music player application would not offer a feature like that. You can download another music player application from the Android MarketPlace with more customization options.
I just re-downloaded Mixzing and it does have the option to choose which folder(s) to search for music in. I'm sure that some others I have used have that option, but I cannot recall which ones.
Try Meridian Media Player, it has a option to select what folder the player scan for media files and it disregards the other files, this way only your music folder will show in the list, also I love the widgets the Pro version have but there is a free version that is just as good..
1. On your computer, open any text editor (e.g., Notepad).
2. Save a blank file as “.nomedia” (make sure you include the leading period and that save as type is set to “All Files” instead of “Text documents”
3. Copy the blank “.nomedia” file to the folder on your SD card containing the audio files you don’t want to show up in Music
4. Restart your phone and the files will no longer show up in Music
5. Same thing works for pics you don't want to show up in Gallery