Notification app.
JWS1956

I have had my Eris for a few weeks now and except for some programming issues, I really love my phone.  I understand those programming issues are being worked on and the 2.1 is due out soon.  Which is suppose to correct most if not all the issues.  We shall see.  I do however have a question.  Does anyone know of a notification app that can be downloaded on the Eris for missed calls, emails, and such.  What I mean is, an app where if one misses a call you can set a reminder that "beeps" at you every so often.  I do have the "trackball" flash set, but if you don't look at the phone all the time, you don't see it flash.  I have talked to HTC and they know of nothing  to download.  There is an app called "Missed Reminder" but does not work on the 1.6 nor the 2.0 systems.  I don't think that will do much good on the Droid systems. 

Please, anyone let me know if there is an app.  I missed two calls the other day from work.  That I cannot have.   :robotsad:

0 Likes
Re: Notification app.
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

There is an application in the android market called "Missed Call" its unique feature is customizable LED/Sound/Vibrate/Repeat notification for missed calls plus the same for SMS, bluetooth, calendar, battery, and airplane mode. It is now 1.6 ready and with Locale plug-in. Try it out and see if it accommodates your needs.

0 Likes
JWS1956

That app is avalible with the Motorola Droid but not the HTC Eris.  I can't understand why the same apps are not avalible on each Droid.  I mean, they are the droid phones and marketed by Verizon.  I have the HTC Eris.

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

The Droid and the Eris run two different versions of the system software and the hardware is different. The Eris, having an earlier version of the software and a less powerful processor, is not able to run all the same software as the Droid.

0 Likes
JWS1956

With all due respect, but that information is common knowledge.  All one has to do is look at the specs of both phone.  That still does not answer why the apps are different.  Even customer service through Verizon does not know why the markets are different.  They suppose since the two phones are from different manufactures.  Except for a very few certain limits, they say the processor should not come into effect with the Droid apps.  The Eris might not run as fast, but it should run almost every app that the Motorola Droid runs.  That is according to HTC customer service and Verizon tech support.

0 Likes