Re: Recommended Droid Apps?
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

You're asking the impossible question there Kitten, because the beauty of the Androids is supposed to be their personalization/customization. So what's good for me may be totally useless to you, but I'm gonna take a stab at this anyway. If you're into music, here are a few suggestions; "Pandora" - customizable internet radio that won't have you listening to the same swill day in and day out that comes out of your local radio station.  "Iheartradio" - just in case there's a radio station you actually really like but can't access all the time, this can help alot, as more radio stations are jumping on this particular bandwagon all the time. "Shazam" - for when you hear a really good song on regular radio, but don't know who does it, or what the REAL name of the song is so you can search it out and download it somewhere.  Pandora and Iheartradio both give you song titles and artists all the time, which is a nice feature.

"yxflash" does seem to play more vids I find online than the stock Eris Flash lite, so comes in handy.  I'm not sure about the Moto Droid vs the Eris, but "Astro File Manager" is oh-so handy for navigating the hodge-podge on your SDcard.

Now the geek in me is thrilled to have "Free dictionary Org", "Currency Converter" from pocket tools, and "Unit Conversion" from Mathpad.  And if you're a bargain hunter/coupon clipper, try "My Coupons Droid".  Gives you coupons to deals on local stuff based on your GPS location, like buy one entree, get one free at local restaurants, or even links to free stuff to be sent to you.  Gotten a few deals there already.  I've gotten other apps that are cute toys, but not exactly stuff for my "must have" list.

BTW, I haven't paid for an app yet...these are all free.  So there's my starters list for you.  Just spend some time poking around the market.  The beauty is, it's like a digital camera...if you download a lousy app and hate it, you just uninstall it.  Nothing to lose.  :smileywink:

View solution in original post

0 Likes