HUM - SCAM or Poor Employee?

Miembro

Well, I've either been swindled or swindled and I'm not sure which. The Verizon Store Associate at the revere location assured me that HUM was free & I would not be billed. He insisted I download the app, took my phone & physically downloaded it for me. I get my bill & sure enough, $10/month charge. No big deal, I'll call Verizon. They threaten a $150 charge if I terminate.

I don't have a fudging car & just committed to upwards of $2K spend with this company over the next 2 years. 

My advice, go with Tmobile. No shady games like this. 

Pestañas (1)

Re: HUM - SCAM or Poor Employee?

Always read before you sign off on anything. HUM equipment may be free, but it comes with a 2 year contract. VZW has a 14 day worry free return policy.

As a former transfer your service rep, I've always hated those things and the tactics used to push them. 

Miembro

That's a despicable practice & borderline fraud. 

The rep literally said "no no this is free" & forced a download on my phone. I don't have a car & he insisted "no big deal." He then took my phone and downloaded the HUM app. 

At what point does this become deceptive malpractice? Are employees comp'd on including HUM? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am shocked to hear that this happened to you tkcheeseroller. This does not sound like us at all. I would love to help with some options. I have sent you a private note so we can further investigate this for you. AmberF_VZW

Miembro

Verizon Wireless needs sued for this kind of activity. I too was conned into a HUM device, although I do own a vehicle. Their whole spiel was to push the added discount of setting up AutoPay on the account, I delined the autopay . The HUM device was NOT free either.

Now I've decided to cancel the service on the HUM device and of course, Verizon has HIDDEN any way for me to do that on MyVerizon web page.

Very VERY angry customer!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

The last thing that we want is for you to consider canceling your HUM. We will be glad to help you turn this around. What is the best number where we can contact you to assist? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes

Miembro

I just had the same problem. I was told I had a $1 upgrade, although I paid $30 cash for installation. I repeatedly asked, "Are you sure, no monthly charge? I mean, FREE?", only to find a $60 "fee" on my next bill and $10 /mo going forward.  I ran into a customer at the Verizon store in the next town who had the same experience. Besides, the device was garbage and kept making my car alarm go off, mislocating my car, among other things.  I returned it and Verizon did give me a refund after a few phone calls.  

Pestañas (2)
0 Likes

Miembro

Stick with it and call them, even though you have to wait on hold forever.  Get your charges reversed,  I did.

0 Likes

Miembro

I have been dealing with this for MONTHS. I told the store employee I didn't even want it and he insisted. I have now spent multiple hours on the phone and chat with verizon and they refuse to budge. Has anyone had luck removing these charges? I immediately returned the device but they don't care. 

0 Likes