Re: If I use my home WiFi to get on the internet, does that count against my data usage?
Not applicable

When you are on wifi the cellular data symbol should not be present on the information bar on the top of your phone. it should just show the wifi symbol. 

Now a good thing to do is go into your phones settings and have it only update over wifi, the same for your apps. This way there are no surprises. Secondly turn "cellular data off" when at home to just use wifi. Ask yourself why would you pay verizon for data usage over your own wifi connection?

Verizon since they went to the limited data structure has been banging people with high overage fees and its a huge money maker for them, you will never get any truthful answer from their customer no-support. One from another won't even give you the same screen read answers. pity I must say.  Just do the suggestions I made and you should be ok. Also turn off global roaming for data to only use verizons network. Personally T-Mobile has unlimited 4G LTE which has been clocked faster than all the carriers. But alas the service is not everywhere. You could have saved quite a bit of money with them.  Good Luck

Edited for discussion of moderation as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes